1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Refin 1964 Fender Precision bass - super pro restoration

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dukeplaysbass, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

I'm reposting this because my earlier ad got cluttered up with off-subjects comments.

Up for sale is a gorgeous faded CAR 1964 Fender Precision Bass. This bass was restored with all 1964 parts by Denny Rauen (http://www.rauenguitars.com) and used to be on his website. He's now gotten lots more celebrity clients; he says this will probably go back up when he revamps his website.

The original case is long gone, but I have a newer tolex Fender case for it.

She has her share of sins, extra holes, but nothing super serious - check the pix for details.

I saw and played the bass before the restoration. The neck and body are original. I also am fairly certain she had the original pickup and bridge (it was a six or seven years ago, so my recall isn't 100%). Tuners, guard, pots and wiring are all 1964, just sourced later for the complete restoration to 64 specs. The prior owner went to great expense to do this (and the killer refin). So, yes, you could say this is a "parts bass" but what I am asking for it is well under the value of the parts sold individually.

November 2: Now $3175 shipped in the Lower 48. I have my eye on something spendy and need to move this to get it, so no trades please...

file_zps570e50b5.
    file_zpsd37db4c6.
    file_zps19cff9be.
    file_zps55256b63. file_zps4bfb044e.
    file_zps395177e9.
    file_zps3e4d5b9b.
    file_zps77d70609.
    file_zpsd7871b0a.

file_zpsed3bc5c9.
    file_zps166f6128.
    file_zps6c2846ae.
    file_zps46be8a78.
    file_zpsd1419009.
    file_zps7cae7578.
    file_zps4a944184.
    file_zps2b68da12.
    file_zps56388491.
    file_zpsdbc2de8e.
    file_zps7feb1146.
    file_zps2ae60913.

2. dukeplaysbass

3. Thats a pretty good price!!!

I just went through a similar restore on a 65 P.

GLWTS

4. dukeplaysbass

5. dukeplaysbass

Just added some more pix

6. 1964 was a very good year in my opinion ;-)

Free bump for a beautiful bass and a nice seller.

7. Refins are good value IMHO. So that's an easy choice for me. '64 P.

Davo

8. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I scored big on my 63 refin on the TB forums. If that one doesn't speak to you wait a little longer, good deals show up from time to time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.