Refin fender 62 jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonb9, Oct 28, 2004.

1. jonb9

Sep 13, 2004
    I've posted a few questions about a vintage 62 jazz bass (slab board) Since it's a refin and I know all the electrons and hardware are orig, but has been taken apart for cleaning(electronics), What is a fair price range for this bass? 4200???
    it's pretty beat up
    but no major issues
    Also is there a person anyone knows of I can call to talk with about some more questions A fender guru have you...?
    Thanks jb
  2. As long as it plays well and sounds real good, I'd say 4300 is reasonable. Anywhere from 3-5k is what I'd consider pretty decent. Basically, though, for over 4000 the pickups should be in god working order and it shouldn't be too beat up (ie, not to the point where it's really ugly and impairs your playing, like on the back of the neck or something). But what it really comes down to is how much you're willing to pay for it. At 4300, I wouldn't say you're getting a bad deal, and if you like it then it's definitely all worth it.

BTW, if you can post pics of it, that would be great. But the most important part is sound and feel, and even if it looks like it's in great condition, it might be a bad player, or vice versa.