1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Refinishing a 1965 Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bassiswhereitsat, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Bassiswhereitsat

Bassiswhereitsat

Mar 27, 2015
    Hey guys: so, I have this 1965 Jazz Bass that I bought a few years ago (bass in picture). Currently, it has a 1959 Precision Bass neck bolted to it, with 70's-era Dimarzio pickups, and a 70's BadAss II Bridge. It was also refinished in the 70's to a white that has aged to almost a canary yellow, and had a huge pickguard glued to the front.

Fortunately, I obtained the original 65 Jazz neck, pickups, pots, bridge, tuners, etc with the purchase.

I'd like to have the following done:

1) Refinish the 65 Jazz neck to natural, and add a vintage-correct Fender logo
    2) Refinish the body in 3-tone sunburst using Nitrocellulose, and relic the finish to match the wear on the tuners/bridge/control plate/etc.
    3) Restore all the original parts, and set it up to play like a dream!

So: does anyone have any recommendations for places to send this off to, to have the work done?

Attached Files:

2. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Montreal, QC
    That sounds like a job for John Kallas. Look him up.

SilGarzaJr and Tbone76 like this.