Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

refinishing

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Nick Gann, May 6, 2002.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Is it possible to refinish my bass in some way? Or is it not possible? or what? I want to get it done in tie-dye neons. I am wierd like that...;)

Can it even be done?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. Hey that sounds cool! hmmm i want that done to my bass.. heehee

I am not 100% sure on how it could be done. as the stripping of the original finish i know there are numerous threads in this forum, just try a search. Hambone maybe able to help with the other stuff ;)

:D:D

Merls

ahh what are co moderators for huh?!!

3. You can refinish your bass in any way that you want - including tie dyed neons - the only limitation you've got is the cost and expertise involved.

In this case, the cost and expertise is far more than you would want to spend. IMO a good refinish like this would run in the $200 - $300 range.

But it can be done...

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Thanks Hambone-

I like hearing that tie-dye neons can be done.:D I've been saving my money for something like this. I knew it would be expensive.

Can you tell me what type of places will do this or any that you know of?

What do they actually do during the process of refinishing?

Thanks
    Nick