Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Refresh my memory...Effectron II, good, bad,indifferent?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BuffaloBass, Sep 17, 2005.

1. I'm off to check the review section, which I should've done first...no dice

What compelled me to try one I dont know, dont even recall the exact model, believe it was the Effectron II. (although the adm1024'sI see on the 'Bay look familiar) But that was back in college days..

Anyone used one ?

25 yr old memory hazed by time might not be a good predictor! Got a real nice flange/delay out of it as I recall. Wanting to emulate a Chapman stick. Which I could by using volume to bring in/out the tones.

Not looking for a Tony Levin stick sound, circa 1983...but as a delay, more at the flange level is what I'm looking for now.

Any Effectron users out there???

2. Well,guess I'll be the one evaluating this puppy. Fished one off the 'Bay and assuming its fully functional, will give it a workout in a few weeks.

3. godraphonic

godraphonic

Jun 6, 2005
    hey bill,

how did you like the effectron II?

I have one and i'm trying to use the jacks on the back to make it more useful.

The infinite repeate jack works with a regular grounding switch, but i can't get the bypass jack to work, it just cuts off the unit when anythings plugged in.

I also want to get the contol jack to work. Plugging in a cable, i can tell its supposed to work the delay time knob. I tried using a volume pedal but no dice.

If you have the owners manual or figured how to work either the bypass or control function. let me know!

4. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    I used to have one of the Delta units -- a 8 sec. delay? They have a great warm sound quality. Vintage transistors I guess (and 12 bit processing). (note: joking about the "vintage" part) There's some wisdom about the Delta units at the Looper's Delight forum. If you post questions there, someone will answer them. I think these are cooler than most of the new small loopers, myself, although not so flexible.

5. I've been so busy at the shop, I havent had much time to play with the unit.