Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Insighted02, Oct 23, 2002.

1. I saw some refurbed power amps for sale on the web and I was wondering the drawbacks to purchasing a cheaper (but refurbished) gear. Does anyone have expertise or experence with refurbs?

Tell me what you can. It's not a bad deal, Their crown power amps for the sake of pete!

2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well, I guess like anything else it varies with experience and company but I've had VERY good experiences with refurbed gear for the most part. Right now I'm typing this on a refurbed HP laptop that has been around the world with me, is tough as nails and hasn't had one problem. I bought a refurbed head from Euphonic Audio at one point and it was a great little head but just didn't have the guts for my 4x10. It was good though.

My feeling on refurbs is that if they have some kind of warranty/tryout period then go for it. I'm sure there are people who have had bad experiences with refurbs but there are also people who have bad experiences with brand new products right out of the box too. Doodoo happens sometimes but like I said.. I'm comfortable with refurbs if there's a warranty period, which many refurbs do offer.

brad cook
  3. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    you might also want to find out if the retailer has a good return policy, sometimes it is easier to return a refurb to the retailer and exchange it for another refurn, whereas if you have to return it to the manufacturer you will probably have to wait for the company to fix it....