Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Refused's Bassist

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peasandpotatoes, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Does anyone know what he used for his rig, because that is the EXACT tone i am going for. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx, p&p

2. buuuuump, bump bump

3. Live, they(depending on who slammed the bass for the moment)used i guess whatever was provided.
    I could be wrong thoe...
    seen them with ampegs, trace, acoustic etc
    But i remember seeing an old ibanez bass most of the time (roadmaster or musician?)
    Their last bassplayer went on to play in Breach, who made two brilliant albums with him ("Venom" and "Kollaps").

(IMO) I think that sound is mostly like a highly eq´d and gained ampeg svt3.

4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I have one of those 81 Ibby Roadster's.
    It has an active preamp and DiMarzio pups. It kicks the a$$
    of every other bass I own. I bought it used from Funkster who has a Musician. The guy owns about 15 basses mostly
    J's and P's and he raves about the tone of his vintage
    Ibanez, like I do. I mostly play it passive, and flick the preamp
    on for solo or more clarity on harmonics. I would call it a
    vintage P with edgy steroids on call.

If you are in the tone search, you may want to frame it around something like that, as it is not all in the rig per se.

5. well im just trying to find out what he used on the album, because i am about to go in and record an album with my band, and that is the EXACT tone. I've done loads of research and cant find anything! Not even any pictures! I guess some things are better off not known.