Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Regal Dobro Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thlayli, Jun 2, 2005.

1. thlayli

thlayli

May 8, 2005
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Anybody have any experience with these?

I've already read some of the horror stories about Folk of the Wood (the only place I've found that stocks 'em) but any good experiences or horror stories will be welcome... I heard a Gibson resonator bass one time a while back and pretty much fell in love with the tone, so I was wondering about approximating that, or at least having a little more oomph unamplified than a regular A/E bass.

2. thlayli

thlayli

May 8, 2005
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Ten search results, nine of which weren't this thread. I need to remember to do that before I open my big mouth.

3. Saglev

Saglev

Sep 24, 2011
    Sorry for reviving such old topics, but I'm a bit confused about some things.
    I've done some net research about these resonator basses, and people said they're not produced anymore. However I still see shop offers on Amazon or Saga Music. So are they all second-hand or wut?
    Back when they were produced by Folk of the Wood, there was a divide between acoustic RD-05 and electroacoustic RD-05E. All I see now is RD-05, so...does that mean that all the newer ones (of Saga) are by default equipped with jack connector, or are they all unpluggable?
    I hope someone here could have the answers, I'd be really grateful. I have no prior experience with any resonator guitars/basses but would like to try this one. Heard they are among the loudest acoustics, and since I have little problems with my back, the possibility to actually be heard among other guitars without the need to carry over heavy guitar & amp is quite tempting.

4. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    Check out Goldtone.