1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

REGAL RE 170B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sammyfallen, Aug 30, 2008.

1. What is this amp, it is american made, its a Regal RE 170B Solid State, i believe ts a head, but could be outta a combo amp.

2. Hey, I can answer that, only 6 years late :). I just picked one up at Goodwill. Cost me 10 bucks to see what's inside. It is an instrument pre-amp add on of some sort, designed to plug into something else with a power amp and power supply. It has 4 1/4" input jacks, volume, bass and treble controls, and a cord hanging out the back with an unusual 3 pin plug, ground, output and power for the unit. No power supply of it's own. Nothing special, it's based on an LM324 quad op-amp. Mine has room on the circuit board for reverb components, but they are not there. It appears to be a very low production unit, or a hand built prototype. Mine has a hand written 5 on the back of the front panel, and on the circuit board. No silkscreen on the simple phenolic circuit board. Likely the fifth unit built. The tag on the back is mostly missing, but apparently it was made in Chicago.