1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Regarding Five-strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oric, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    I've recently decided that I really don't need all these basses that I wish I had- I already have a Jazz, a fretless jazz, and a Dano '63 (don't really need it, but hey, I've already bought it, it sounds neat and looks neat). But I think I'm lacking a good five string. The ones highest on my list are the new Fender five string P-bass and the Peavey T-45. The T-45 will be a lot better on my wallet- but I haven't seen much of them around. They're tonally pretty different, but seeing the thing on the Lakland website with sound samples of different genres with different types of strings and so on, I figured it's really not going to matter, as long as I play the dang thing good.
    But I'm open to suggestions. This won't be anytime soon, I'm saving up for a flute right now. Do any other companies make five string Ps? Are there other five-strings worth looking at? My main reason for wanting a P is the fact that I don't have one, I've always felt a little hole in my life, not having one. Figured if I got one might as well make it five string while I'm at it.

edit: looking for passive.

2. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    A used Dingwall Afterburner I.