Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Regarding the new feedback system

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by jobu3, Jan 28, 2006.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I think it's a great idea. Much more user firendly and professional/official-looking.

I am proud of the transactions that I've had on here and have one of the higher counts (I'm no David M. Wilson by any means but anyways...). I've sold and traded some high dollar basses and amps with great results. I would imagine that after communicating with me at length and looking at the TB'ers I've dealt with with all the positive outcomes, that most wouldn't hesitate to deal with me on here.

My concern is this: Many of my transactions are no longer available with a thread number because they were before the breakdown of separate amp/bass forums. I'd really hate to lose the 40+ positives I have and I don't want to be out there PM'ing the 40+ people who have left me feedback. To be honest, I do not want to search out the 50+ I've left for others either, although I'd like for the positive transactions others have had be accounted for as well.

I also would be more hesitant to send a bass or amp in trade to someone first not knowing who they have dealt with and how things went down. Starting at square one all over again might be affect others in this way.

I guess my question is if the original TB Feedback Forum will be left up the be searched in the archives although closed (as it is now) so that the new feedback system will be up and running smoothly?
    :confused: :bassist:

2. Old For Sale Forum

Heres the old forum, its still accessable through searching. Hope this helps some. If not, just ignore me.

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    DMB, thanks for the effort. I know that it is still there, although closed, and is searchable as I referenced in my first post.

Paul states on the announcement that the new system will replace the forum. I'm wondering if it will be left the way it is now where it will remain closed but still be searchable in the archives (which is my hope) or deleted.

4. Oh, heh, sorry, I must have missed that in there.

5. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    The transaction URL is now optional, so I hope this will help those of you with non-existant sales threads. URL's are strongly encouraged - feedback is going to be a lot more credible if it's attached to a URL that the user can click and reference.

I'll leave the feedback forum visible for quite some time - several months at least.