No longer available Regenerate Guitar Works M5 Redwood Burl 5 String bass PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by afellini, Jul 1, 2016.

1. afellini

afellini

Aug 25, 2010
    New Canaan, CT
    Price:
    $1299
    Strings:
    Up for sale is my Regenerate Guitar Works M5 5 string bass with a gorgeous Redwood Burl top and back. I just bought this a few weeks ago, but I have had a few matters pop up, and I go with the mantra, last in, first out. I may change my mind if I have that option! Here is the link to the thread where I bought it:

SOLD - Regenerate M5 - NAMM bass

Redwood burl top and back
    flamed maple core
    birdseye maple neck
    cocobolo fretboard
    Nordstrand Pickups
    Bass Mods 3 band preamp
    gold hardware
    Babicz bridge
    Protec Hybrid case
    I'll have to measure the string spacing and get an exact weight on this bass, I will update the listing this evening.

The wiring is currently set up at 9v right now, but it can be wired for 18v if desired, the wires are already in place.

The bass sounds great. It's got a big presence and has a nice growl to it.

Shipping to the lower 48 only. PayPal only. NO TRADES. M51 (1).JPG M51 (2).JPG M51 (3).JPG M51 (4).JPG M51 (5).JPG M51 (6).JPG M51 (7).JPG M51 (8).JPG M51 (9).JPG

2. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    19mm bridge spacing
    1-7/8" width nut
    0.08" thick @ 1st fret

The accent line is a dyed hardwood veneer. Sadly I didn't take notes on what the exact wood I used was, and I no longer have the packaging from the supplier who cut this special order thickness for me :( I can say with 100% certainty that it was a single slice in thickness

The flame Maple core is Western Maple, and has a similar density to Alder

This was a NAMM Show build, 2014 show IIRC

afellini likes this.
  3. afellini

afellini

Aug 25, 2010
    New Canaan, CT
    Thanks for the additional info, I really appreciate it! I'm just about to sit down and play it, oddly enough. I REALLY don't want to let this one go, and I might change my mind, but thanks again for the assist!

4. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you. given this was a NAMM bass, I may not have documented everything as there were a lot of last minute swaps with other NAMM builds (like matching pickups and preamps with a given build to optimize the tonality)

I will confirm that it's a carbon fiber reinforced neck, and that I saved that piece of Cocobolo for years to be part of a personal build. it just went with the Redwood too nicely to not give it up

afellini likes this.
  5. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes the tree Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Palm Coast, FL
    I'm the previous owner. Just as a FYI - I sold my Sadowsky after buying this bass! The neck and sound is just amazing! And what can you say about the look of the bass!

Dan

afellini likes this.