Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reggie Hamilton Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    anyone own one of these? I just saw one for the first time, on the internet, and it's kind of sparked my interest. Looks like you could get that P-bass sound yet have the offset body style and slim neck of the jazz.

2. I have a MIM RH that I made modifications to - including new rosewood neck w/ blocks, schaller tuners, and pup and bridge covers. They are quite versatile and have the Jazz growl and the Precision tubby tone. The electronics are very nice, as are the pups.

3. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Very impressive bass for the price but I found the EQ section to of little use. Feels wonderful and sounds great as it is but it would be a phenomenal bass, in my limited opinion, if it had a better active pre-amp. Maybe you could change the values.

4. I actually don't mind the pre-amp, but I think the bass sounds great in passive mode.

5. FlawLaw, where did you get your rosewood neck with block inlays?

6. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    The bass does sound great in passive mode. Better than most of the basses I've played lately regardless of where they're made. I just mean that I think it could be a phenomenal buy were the active mode a little more flexible. That's all.

7. Yes, I agree.

8. Warmoth.