1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

reggie hamilton vs Deluxe precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nicholarse, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Nicholarse

Nicholarse

Mar 10, 2009
    hi guys, i've just started regular gigs/touring and the odd recording session with a pop act and need a decent all round bass for about £600.

i'm not too fussed whether it's MIA or MIM cos i plan on keeping it and from what i've heard the only difference is the re-sale value.

i've been looking at the following:

reggie hamilton sig
    deluxe precision
    70's jazz (for the inlays)

any help, suggestions, obvious differences in sound would be helpful?

cheers.

2. Buogon

Buogon

Feb 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    The Reggie Hamilton hands down a very workable bass , it has the P/J pickups
    18volt and can eq to a precision or a jazz, plus he is a personal friend of mine
    The fender prices have gone up i think new it is around $3000 or try to find a used one.

3. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    There are two Reggie Hamilton sig basses. One is a custom shop issue, the other is a production bass, though I don't know if it is CIJ or MIM. I'd probably go for the Reggie Hamilton if those were my only choices. There are differences between MIM and MIA. The MIA basses have graphite reinforced necks, heavier bridges, and better fretwork. There are probably differences in the electronics as well, but don't quote me on that.

4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    I'd take the Reggie. It has excellent U.S. electronics, including a noiseless J pickup, and also operates in passive mode unlike the Deluxe. It can cover lots of sonic ground, and get the classic passive P-bass tone which is mighty useful for recording. I think it's one of Fender's best all around basses, especially for the price.