Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reggie Young New York gospel bassist/producer any fans?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ezekial1, Apr 21, 2004.

1. ezekial1

ezekial1 Guest

Apr 21, 2004
    I saw this bass player in Ottawa named Reggie Young he's amazing I got almost all of his albums and anything he played on is there anyone whose heard of him also? :bassist:

2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too

haven't heard of him yet...

ez- where ya from man that you know all these guys... fat back and so on.

3. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I've known Reggie for about 7 years.I met him in New Orleans at the National Baptist Convention when he was playing with Hezekiah Walker& The Love Fellowship choir and also got to see him in early 03 with James Hall.He is an amazing bass player and writer.

BTW just about every Gospel bass player that I've heard have "Sick Skillz.Fred Hammond,Andrew Gouche,Joel Smith,Tony Russell,Alex Evans,Keith Taylor Maurice Fitzgerald,Jimmy Neuble-you get my point.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I dig! You want to hear some funky funky, r&b, seriously funky bass playing? Pick up some urban gospel records by any of the big names (and not so big names)! I play my Kirk Franklin cd so much, I think I'm gonna wear it out (wear out a cd? :eek: )
    Even though it's a simple tune but I get chills every time I listen to Hosanna!

5. bass74

bass74

Aug 14, 2004
    could someone please give me the hookup on reggie young?

6. bass74

bass74

Aug 14, 2004
    could someone please give me the info hookup on reggie young

7. bass74

bass74

Aug 14, 2004

8. QUSP

QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    I got just about all of Reggie's albums as well. Including all of the James Hall Stuff. He is an INCREDIBLE bass player. I actually met one of his protige's last summer at the Gospel Music Workshop in Florida. From what he told me, Reggie is not working a whole lot these days. For whatever reason, I dont know. I recently saw a DVD (its not for sale and cant be bought in stores) with him on it. He hosts this musicians conference every year I guess and he has local singers and musicians join him. Nathaniel Townsley played drums, John Peters was on keys, Melvin Crispell was on Organ. I cant remember all the cats who were playin, but TRUST ME, they were killin!!!!!

9. bass74

bass74

Aug 14, 2004
    hey thanks for the info on reggie but could you tell me where I can get his music??? thanx......

10. bass74

bass74

Aug 14, 2004

11. QUSP

QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    He used to have a website where you could order all of his music. Atleast thats how I did it about 3 or so years ago. But now I'm not sure whats goin on with him, so unfortunately, I dont know how to get ahold of his albums.

12. bass74

bass74

Aug 14, 2004
    hey man, thanx for the feed on reggie young and I know you said that you don't know how to get his stuff anymore but could you pass on a phone# or any info on a CD jacket that I could use to get in contact with him or some one who knows him. pleeeease. thank a lot

13. QUSP

QUSP

Aug 8, 2002
    Hercules, CA
    (877) 409-9990 or rgyentertainment.com
    hope this helps!

14. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    if you really would like to hear some real nice bass playing pick up Brent Jones and the TP Mobb.There's some real nice playing going on there.

15. musiclover14

musiclover14

Jan 8, 2009
    HEY REGGIE has a NEW ABLUM OUT MAN!!! He has a group called gospel park and the album man is OFF THE CHAIN! CHeck it out on his myspace page back splash reggieyoungandgospel park or amazon or cdbaby! I bought and what a talent that man has!!!