Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reggie Young Solo Cd's

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by willrwilli, Feb 17, 2006.

1. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    For those of you who don't know Reggie Young is an incredible Gospel Bass Player. He has done 2 solo cd's called Among Friends, and
    In The Realm Of God. My problem is I have been looking for these cd's and can't find them anywhere. Does anyone out there know where I can find these? Or a website for Reggie Young. If anyone has these cd's and wants to sell them please send me a PM. I would be very interested in buying them. :help:

2. Torch7

Torch7

May 7, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I'm thinking Reggie's CD's are out of print... every place I have found it online, has said, product no longer avaliable... amazon..yahoo, target.

I was also looking for Terrance Palmer's project that his website says was coming out this year.

3. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002

4. musiclover14

musiclover14

Jan 8, 2009
    You are correct Reggie Young's two past cd's are out of print, however, I did see on amazon the cd from the realm of God being sold if you are still interested. As for a website, Reggie Young has a NEW ALBUM with a group called Gospel park, and trust me man it is AMAZING!!! He hasn't missed a beat. You could check out his myspace page back slash reggieyoungandgospelpark or to to cdbaby, amazon and soon itunes. Let me know if I helped.

5. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks I will check that out.

6. 21 Strings

21 Strings

Jan 8, 2009
    Thanks to who ever posted that info on Reggie Young and Gospel Park. I just purchased the album from their my space page. Man that guy can play. Who is he? Where is he from? NY? Good project.

7. Basseroni

Basseroni

Oct 17, 2006
    Southern California
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Dunlop/MXR
    Reggie Young is the business. He and another New York gospel bassist, Reggie Parker, are two of many of my influences. Both of them played for Hezekiah Walker and James Hall but during the later projects RY became the primary bassist for James Hall and RP for Hezekiah Walker.

8. Basseroni

Basseroni

Oct 17, 2006
    Southern California
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Dunlop/MXR
    21 strings, on the last thread you mentioned Marcus Miller. I don't know if you've heard Reggie Parker but he sounds a lot like Marcus. He plays a Pensa Suhr detuned 4 string. You can hear him on just about any Hezekiah Walker CD, with the exception of the latest one, and the King of Glory project by James Hall and WAP!

9. 21 Strings

21 Strings

Jan 8, 2009
    Yep. Reggie Parker does sound like Marcus Miller. What's RP up to these days? I hear he's a photographer for weddings or something like that. RY new cd is pretty hot. I wish all the bassist in gospel could get together and do a project.

10. Phillip Jordan

Phillip Jordan Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Where can I get it. Im the biggest RY fan of them all.

11. 3506string

3506string

Nov 18, 2004
    Lawton, OK
    cdbaby or amazon

12. Yep RGY is one of my biggest influences EVER!!!
    I've had the album since yesterday and it's nothing less than what I expected...
    He's still up there...