Reghin basses

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by oliebrice, Sep 30, 2003.

1. oliebrice

Apr 7, 2003
    London, UK
    Hello again,
    I've decided not to buy the Rosetti I mentioned in an earlier post, but am now seriously tempted by a Reghin. All I know about them is that its Romanian, about 40 years old and sounds and feels really good to me. Its a carved top.
    Anyone know about Reghin, have any opinions etc? Quick responses would be really helpful, as I am in quite a hurry to buy a bass - I hate not having one!
  2. kip

Sep 11, 2002
    Sausalito, Ca
    isn't Reghin a city in Romania, Transylvania to be more specific? If so, i believe there are a bunch of small "factory type" operations and some makers of merit, including Vasile Gliga. There is a wide range of quality available even within his operation so it's hard to tell where your bass saying "Reghin" lies on the value food chain. You did say it sounds and feels good. That may be all you need to know. Some of our esteemed TB'ers can hopefully provide further historical insight.
  3. Hey, OIL PRICE
    brand names are not important. If you want more info, you´ll have to be more specific about the bass. Pics maybe? How much is the seller asking? What does he know about the bass?