1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Regional Stereotypes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Oct 29, 2013.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

We all know about different regional stereotypes. I have seen them applied here. So how about it, does where you live match the stereotype?
    Here in San Francisco the typical stereotype is extremely liberal anything goes wealthy white people, at least that is what I seem to hear.
    There are a lot of people like that here but there is also so many other different types of people. We are really a city of many ethnicities, races, cultures and income levels. In most areas white people are a minority and I won't even try to list the different races and/or cultures there are just too many. There are a lot of immigrants living here, everywhere I go I hear various languages spoken. One thing that does unite us here is and easy acceptance differences. A lot of people come here because they didn't quite fit in anywhere else, myself included. A lot of people would be considered odd in other places but fit right in here. That stereotype is true.
    What about where you live?

2. Sounds to me like you just described Boston. :)

3. slobake

I lived in Boston for about six months. There are a lot of similarities. One difference is the more laid back less intense West Coast attitude.

4. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    eh. Can't think of any, eh.

5. slobake

:p:p:p beer, eh

6. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    pfff... where do I even start?

7. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    We wouldn't understand, it's a Jersey thing.

8. True dat. It can get pretty intense in Boston, especially when it comes to sports! We've got World Series fever here, and we'll have a winner tomorrow night! :D

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    haha nicely done!

10. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Let's see, suntans, luxury cars, plastic surgery, Gucci watches, yeah, check, check and check. If the Gucci shoe fits, wear it. Me? I'm just here for the weather. :smug: ;)

11. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Canada is only famous for Moosehead, Rush and hot chicks.

12. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    I was there for 2 weeks this summer and it should also be famous for amputated limbs... I saw more in 2 weeks than you could see in a lifetime. Someone will have to explain that to me someday.

13. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Minnesota is exactly like the News from Lake Wobegon.

14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    You mean the amputated limbs themselves..?

Canada.

It is a scary place.

15. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Correction... people with amputated limbs.

16. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    :p

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The stereotypes where I live are accurate.

-Mike

18. bjabass

bjabass

Jan 10, 2011
    Mountain South
    Ahm frum th mowntins hyear in tennysee an eye downt beleeve in them thar stareeo tipes.
    (yall aint frum round hyear are ye?)

19. lowendmafia

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    I think the big steryotype about Arizona is that we are all insane because we put up with 120 degree weather... its probably true.

20. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I spent the weekend playing a gig at a bar that served microbrews, woke up the next morning, walked to the beach to play some volleyball, and spent almost every available moment in flip flops and shorts.