1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reharmonization examples and help...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by BottomFeeder86, Feb 6, 2005.

1. BottomFeeder86

BottomFeeder86

Oct 18, 2004
    I was just wondering, if there are any blatant songs/parts of songs where a very obvious bass part where the bassist uses reharmonization to make the part sound more interesting.

:bawl: I'm stuck in the pentatonic minor blues scale soloing, and i am looking for something else (scales anything...) to make things sound more interesting.

I looked at some videos, and theres a part on this one, about 3/8ths into the part (he's playing something close to classical thump) he plays a part, that out of the blue, sounds really interesting and different, yet it still sounds good in between the two parts.

http://www.munkio.com/music/Victor/Classical Thump.mov

Also, if anyone would be so kind as to upload a clip of just a bass part you recorded, that illistrates a slow, reharm part, so i can try and learn from that, i'm not good at all with theory, but i'm a million times better in learning from what i hear and experimenting on my own. Any songs, clips, or anything will help. Thanks a lot for reading!