Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reharmonization examples and help...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by BottomFeeder86, Feb 6, 2005.

1. BottomFeeder86

BottomFeeder86

Oct 18, 2004
    I was just wondering, if there are any blatant songs/parts of songs where a very obvious bass part where the bassist uses reharmonization to make the part sound more interesting.

:bawl: I'm stuck in the pentatonic minor blues scale soloing, and i am looking for something else (scales anything...) to make things sound more interesting.

I looked at some videos, and theres a part on this one, about 3/8ths into the part (he's playing something close to classical thump) he plays a part, that out of the blue, sounds really interesting and different, yet it still sounds good in between the two parts.

http://www.munkio.com/music/Victor/Classical Thump.mov

Also, if anyone would be so kind as to upload a clip of just a bass part you recorded, that illistrates a slow, reharm part, so i can try and learn from that, i'm not good at all with theory, but i'm a million times better in learning from what i hear and experimenting on my own. Any songs, clips, or anything will help. Thanks a lot for reading!