1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rehousing my DOD supra distortion. Help needed.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xJasonSmithx, Aug 12, 2007.

1. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I have had this pedal sitting in my closet for the longest time and I am really wanting to do a project with it. I would like to put it in a new box, make it TBP, and maybe install a new jack that my onespot will power (unless it would be easier to just get an adapter)

I have taken the pedal completely apart before besides desoldering the switch. Seems like there won't be much to do besides drill and wire up the new switch and the jack if i deside to do that.

Questions.

1. What size casing am I going to need? I have been checking out the boxes pedal parts plus has and I want one that is going to fit it really well. The circuit board in This pedal is just about the full length of the pedal so I guess I want something with a similar footprint. The 1590NS case they have seems like it would be really similar in size.

2. Should changing the bypass and the jack present any problems with this specific pedal?

3. What color should I do? :)

Thanks ahead of time.

-Jason Smith

2. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I will send this guy back to the first page...

I promise I have done a lot of searching!

-Jason

3. Hi there,

The Hammond 1590 is probably your best bet, as I've used it for some of my projects. Small Bear Electronics sells a version of that box for a good price. I get most of my stuff there and they give really good service.

I'm not sure how the switching works for the DOD pedals, but that may present the most problems as far as rehousing. I've read somewhere that the DOD switching system is a little oddball. Have you checked out www.diystompboxes.com? The forum there may have some more info on how to convert the switch. I also think that the schematic will probably be necessary.

Hope that helps,

Lyle