1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Reid Hudson German

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by Hqubed, Apr 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Price:
    $2350
    Style:
    German
    Acquired from Robertson & son a few years back bow has been maintained by Rodney Mohr and currently possess his red hair which, as I am told, is used by many in the Cleveland Orchestra. Bow was purchased for a promising young player working toward college auditions, life however has taken another direction and it is time to move on.

By an old mail scale I estimate the weight to be +/- 145 grams and is in perfect condition.
    (Added 4/5/17: Digital Scale says 147.14 grams, Playable length 21" exactly)

For a serious party am willing to send this bow out for 14 day (include transit time both ways) audition given the following considerations:

- Located in US lower 48
    - Must have verifiable positive TalkBass or eBay feedback rating
    - Full price deposit via PayPal prior to bow being sent out
    - If returned insured shipping to be paid by auditioning party
    - If returned, PayPal deposit less my shipping cost to you will be refunded upon receipt of bow in same condition as sent out.

I am located in the Columbus, OH area and do travel some on business so if my schedule might match your location I would be happy to carry with me for an audition.

Asking $2,350 and will include FedEx ground shipping within the CONUS. Willing to consider shipping anywhere with verified payment & additional shipping.

PayPal ok, cash preferred. Hudson 1.
    Hudson 2. Hudson 3. Hudson 4. Hudson 5.
    Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    String Thing and CaseyVancouver like this.
  2. You evil b*****d.

EDIT: I roll nickels like manhole covers. My boss grew up during the Depression, and he calls me cheap. If I buy this, and I could, my wife will kill me in my sleep. What to do, what to do?

The above is humor, except the part about dropping the coin.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  3. Gil

Gil

Oct 20, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    What is the condition of this bow? Has there been any repairs or does it need any?

4. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Pictures were taken the day I listed. Bow is in perfect health. No repairs during my ownership, none reported by Aaron Robertson when purchased from him, and none noted by Rodney Mohr during rehairs and checkups. Rodney in fact commented on the bow the first time I took it to him for a rehair & checkup sharing that bass bows are typically not his favorite to do however the quality and craftsmanship is exceptional making this one very easy.

Thanks for your interest.

5. Gil

Gil

Oct 20, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    PM sent

6. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    On hold pending payment

No show on the payment, Bow is available

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  7. Bassam

Bassam

Apr 20, 2007
    Shows sold on the add. Is it still up for sale?

8. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Sold - Different buyer

Thx