1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reidmar for Reggae?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rooti, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Rooti

Rooti

Nov 20, 2018
    Hi everyone. That's the question.

I'm able to get a second hand Reidmar 750. In theory EBS isn't used by reggae bass players, but I think it respect the tone of the instrument. And the semiparametric EQ will help to get a no muddy low end.

I will combine it with an Ampeg svt-410hlf which is generous at lows and move amounts of air.

What do you think about this combination for play reggae/dub?

Many thanks in advance

2. As with virtually any quality amp, it'll be fine. EQ to taste and you're golden

3. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    Should be fine. Will you have PA support? If not I'd consider another matching 4x10 if you got the money.

4. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Rooti :)

Welcome to TB!!!

750 Watts? :D

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

sprag likes this.
  5. Mod7

Mod7

Sep 17, 2018
    France
    If your bass and your cab already give you your reggae sound, a Reidmar amp won't get in the way because EBS makes very neutral sounding gears. Set the EQ (or not, I think you can cut it off and let your bass sound through) until you like the sound.

So I think it's a good combination, thanks to your Ampeg cab. On the other side, an EBS cab won't fit your need without a good reggae sounding preamp.

AlexanderB likes this.
  6. Rooti

Rooti

Nov 20, 2018
    Thank you for your replies and the welcome

Actually, I was almost sure about the combination. But it is good to know that your thoughts walk the same way. As soon as I get it, I'll let you guys know how it works.

Cheers!

7. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    The Reidmar will not like loads below 4 Ohms, so adding a second SVT-410HLF is not an option.