1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reidmar vs Tone Hammer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sebm89, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Sebm89

Sebm89

Apr 30, 2012
    Hello.
    Have anyone had the chance to compare these two amps?
    I dont know much about bass gear, so hope u can help.

Now, so far im leaning most for the tone hammer 360 (maybe 500)
    Because of the direct out, and that really seems to be the biggest problem with the Reidmar, is that i use my bass alot in cubase. I play guitar as a main instrument, so i bought a bass to be able to record my own songs. And the Reidmar doest have the direct out?
    Which i see as a big drag. (or im i hyping this to much?)

It has been going ok without an amp so far.
    But now that i might have found a band to play bass for, it seems only logic to get my own amp. (plus is would be really cool, to be able to record some killer bass for my own songs. as have grown quite fond of bass:) )

So i just wanted some advice about some amps in that price and weight class, that is able to play with a drummer, and ofc sounds killer.
    My biggest wish might be the direct out feature.

I play i a fretless VM squire.
    I mostly play
    funk, jazz, "jazz rock", rock. RnB. those kind of styles.

Anyway, hope u can guide me on my quest on becoming a bass player.

Thanks
    Christoffer

2. Hi Christoffer,

Reidmar does have a direct out via XLR connector on back plate. (check manual on http://www.bass.se/2009/manuals/Reidmar250.pdf)
    Today most of amps, except of low-cost "practice" ones, regardles of brand have direct out.
    I've never recorded anything from Reidmar, but my previous experience with other EBS bass heads direct outs is very good (very clean, low noise, no problems with interfacing to mixing console, preamp or soundcard).
    So this feature souldn't exclude Reidmar from your possible choices.

Here some guy recorded clip from Reidmar direct out..

I've never heard TH350, so can't tell more about your dilema.. :) I'm expecting, both amps are from reputable companies with experienced designers, so it should be matter of personal taste.

Michal

3. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    The tone hammer has more of a vintage sound compared to Reidmar. It can cut through also. It can get bright if needed, but not harsh. Personally, I would go with the 500 for more wattage. I heard a Reidmar at Atlanta bass gallery this weekend, sound really nice. I personally own and like the Tone Hammer better.