Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rejoining the Fender flock

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Andy Daventry, Mar 23, 2004.

1. I found this old ('92) "A" necked MIM P bass that had been PJ'ed and was going for a reasonable (this IS Turkey) price.

So I bought it.

I'm going to stick a Sadowsky PJ set I have lying around on it and whip the frets out.

Ah! The first Fender I have had for a few years. I've missed them.

2. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    I'm glad you found a bass you liked. :)
    Anyway, I've heard a lot of things about buying Fenders in Turkey...a friend of mine bought a couple of them there for a VERY low price, and they were all vintage (65-77, If I'm correct)...

3. It happens. A friend of mine bought a '66 P bass in reasonable nick for $300 last year...but such events are few and far between.

4. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    Hi Andy,

Can I suggest you gently remove the frets rather than "whip them out"? ;)

Roger

5. Hmmmm...and I suppose you think I ought to carefully mount and connect the pickups, too, instead of just 'sticking them in'.

Actually, I am having the operation performed professionally and the slots carefully filled with layers of maple veneer.

This will be the second bass I have had the pickups in. I have been looking for a bass for them for some time.