Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Relationship Story Continued

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bardolph, May 2, 2003.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    For those of you who haven't read my previous thread I'd reccomend doing so to understand this one.
    So from monday up until last night me and my X were sort of in a tranquil state and we didn't really have anything between us, until she IMs me. She said that it was too hard to be friends and that we should either not have anything to do with eachother or get back together. So I asked her what the state was between her and this other guy (by the way, I found out that they made out on prom night) and she told me she didn't know. I told her that she had become a different person that I didn't see myself with and that we wouldn't get back together. She told me that she saw everything as a big mistake and she regretted it. But I told her that we had gone through that earlier where she regretted everything and wanted things to be back how they were and then she just changed her mind about it. She told me that was because I'd pissed her off, so I said if she could change her standpoint so drastically by being pissed off then there is something wrong. She was getting sad and she said she had nobody to turn to, so I told her she still had me to turn to cause I'd always listen to her and I still cared about her. and then she said "that's bulls***" and that I didn't care about her. She said if I cared about her I would have given us a chance to get back together, which blew my mind because for almost a month she was telling me about how she didn't want to get back together and she didn't want a boyfriend. So the online conversation ended with her telling me she hates her life (not once had she apologized for anything in the conversation). So that kinda sucked. But then today at school during band class first hour she comes up to me with a bag and just set it beside my chair and walked off. I looked inside the bag and it was everything I'd ever gotten for her or anything that had something to do with me- necklace, earrings, a watch, bracelet, lotion, candles, a CD, notes, valentines, flower grams, and every single picture she owned with me in it. So along with many other school mates I think that was a pretty crappy thing for her to do and I just thought I'd share that with my fellow bassists. The thing is that I'm not too torn up by any of this cause I'm pretty much over her now.

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Well, that really sucks for her to do that, but everyone in the other thread was right, as you can see now. When she found out that you were totally over her, she up and left. She just wanted to mess with you and have fun in your misery.

Thats great, and make sure she knows it.

Good to hear that you are past all of this, and it's over for you. Now.... GO FIND ANOTHER WOMAN!!!! ;):D

3. Even though I am sure the situation sucks to some degree, it is probably for the best.

Giving all that stuff to you is pretty petty. It seems like she is just trying to make you hurt. The mature way to do it would be to throw it away if she didn't want it that much. I would bet she hoped you would have a bad reaction to it.

Lots of other (great) women out there.

Geoff

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    That's her in a nutshell DNA.

I have another update-
    When she gave me the bag of stuff she was showing me it's of no use to her and it's really of no use to me (except the pictures) so I gave most of it away to random people who wanted some jewelry and such. So I IMed her today and she said that everybody was coming up to her calling her a b**** and she was blaming it on me because I was the one that told people she gave me all her stuff back. I told her they're saying that cause of what she DID, not cause I told them to say that or anything. So she told me that she wanted me back cause I was the best thing ever to happen to her. I said that I didn't regret ever going with her cause it was a really good experience for both of us, "but right now I think we're growing apart and changing, cause 16 year olds change... a lot." And then she called me a f***er and asked why the hell do I keep blaming things on her...????? don't even ask. So then we got to talking about the guy and she said that she wasn't doing things with him to make me jealous or anything like that. She said she had wanted to break up with me when she did and then she got to know this other guy and started liking him. But then she realized it was different from me and she wanted it to be me. And then she really whipped out the emotional spotlight along with the billion dollar question. She says- "Do you still love me?" And I asked her what she's trying to do cause just a minute ago she was calling me a f***er. She said that was because I was blaming things on her and just to answer the question. And I told her probably not in the way you want me to. So she said ok and that we weren't going to be friends and that she wasn't even going to talk to me. I asked if she thought in the future we could ever just be friends and she said no. So I can rightfully say I have one less friend now. :( /:bawl: /:meh: /:p

5. Ahh, high school. How I long to be back there.

Forget her. It's only a very few lucky people who find someone to live with/lonterm relationship in high school. I was one of the lucky ones. And it was luck, nothing else. Had we moved, or had she moved, or had they put her in a different German class, I never would have met her. And it was luck that I made a good first impression on her, not like with some of my other girldfriends.:rolleyes:

Rock on
    Eric:bassist: