Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Relatively "Cheap" High Powered Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Yo Yo Y'all

well as the title says, im looking for a reletively "cheap" high Power cab...as soon ill be buying a behringer power amp and maybe running it with either my peavey head or buying a behringer v-bass preamp/modeler, and well...i need a cab that can handle the 700w - 1400w output ill be running from this baby....i saw the eden D410xlt can handle 700w...but its a little bit more than what i wanna spend....any reccomendations?

BTW..im not a big fan of ampeg

Cheers Heath

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Time for the obligatory Avatar post. :D

-Mike

3. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Yes, you can find Avatar cabs in all countries around the world

www.avatar.au
    www.avatar.uk
    www.avatar.hr (in my country) :D :D

Note: this is joke

4. yeah i saw the ad for avatar cabs in the november issue of bass player...the 410 (or 2 :p ) would be great...but....they dont ship here to aus...the only way i could get it is if someone in the good ol country of the usa bought it and shipped it themselves....not to mention the shipping costs....considering it costs about 100us to ship a bass here :bawl:

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Gotta throw this in....Acme.

6. Just figured since it was already mentioned... You might want to check out Acme Bass Cabs in (available in AU). They will suck up every watt of power you can throw at them. I've been hugely happy with my 4 ohm Low B-4 and Peavey DPC 1400X. This cab destroys most PA subs in the low end department. I'm not sure what the prices are like over there but here they're considered to be "moderately priced", not too expensive-not too cheap. Might be worth a look!

7. Avatar = best sound and bang for the buck!!!!!!