Relaunch of Carvin Amps and Audio

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hbarcat, Jan 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    This appeared today in my inbox.

Carvin Amps and Audio announces the relaunch of carvinaudio.com, which offers a brand-new user experience. We will continue our 70+ year legacy by providing musicians and sound professionals with solutions to their everyday needs with tube guitar pedals, in-ear monitor systems, wireless microphones, and gig essentials like D/I boxes and power conditioners.

Expect new products from Carvin Amps and Audio in 2018 including a new tube preamp guitar pedal, which is based on one of our most iconic tube amps...

I just got used to the idea of Carvin Audio being dead and gone.

So, apparently they're back.

BluesOnBass likes this.
  2. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    C’mon. Surely this belongs in the amps & cabs forum.

MJ5150 likes this.
  3. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    I didn't know where to put it except for maybe "miscellaneous."

4. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    Presumably somebody bought the name in the bankruptcy sale.

Based on various other brands that's happened to, I'd let the jury deliberate on whether the company/products now bearing the name have any other relationship to the old company/products bearing the name.

5. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Yep---it looks like they're going to steer clear of the guitar/bass amp business.

6. hbarcat

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Carvin was always a mix of amps and cabinets that they made themselves, and other audio equipment that they bought elsewhere and rebranded as their own.

The 5 piece drum mic pack that I bought years ago was clearly made by Nady.

Naturally, the quality of the equipment you got from Carvin depended on who made it.

It would seem that this new company will only sell products made by other companies and then rebranded as Carvin Audio.

T_Bone_TL likes this.
  7. bwoodman

bwoodman Supporting Member

Just got the email this morning. I was hoping that they'd keep the amps going, but it looks like - not. I just bought a BX700 a few months ago at the sale price - pretty good amp so far. I made the switch to Genzler when they relaunched - no complaints with that gear, but just for kicks I used the BX for my last two gigs and it sounds pretty good. I have two other Carvin amps and never had a problem with them. As mentioned, I wonder if somebody bought the name and is going to try and keep something going?

8. I purchased a BX700 as well a little over a year ago during the Black Friday sale for $360. It's a fantastic amp with so many tonal possibilities with the 3 EQ sections. I'm happy.

9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    There is another long thread about it already.

10. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Didn't they do car audio too back in the day? I seem to remember rocking some of their gear in my truck.

-Mike

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021