1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Release picnic!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by gustav, Aug 27, 2007.

1. gustav

gustav

Mar 11, 2006
    Västerås, Sweden
    Hi!

i have to tell you about one of my bands big succes.

i play in a band called solrosgatan (sunflowerstreet), we dont take our music especially serious so we have recorded some jams and proggressive, half-psycedelic things in a garage-studio.

it started when me and two friends from my other band met one day when were all hung over and in a mood for some hang over jams. after the first song, we said that we have to keep on doing this so.. after like 4 months, our first record was made!

to celibrate it, we arranged a release picnic on the street that our band is named after. this was on a tiny lawn. we handed out flyers to every mailbox in the street and telled all our friends and myspacefriends about it.

the visitors were getting a free cd, free beer, free coffe and free cookies.
    about thirtyfive people showed up (we were expecting like 10 of our friends) and some of them were some local progg bigshots, who loved the cd!

so, you should try it! we lost like 65$ on it but it was well spended money!

you can listen to some of the songs from the album here:
    www.myspace.com/solrosgatan

cheers! :ninja:

2. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    Nice. I'm totally going to send an friend invite from my band. :) You don't have to accept, but it's always cool to link to another great band half-way around the world!

3. gustav

gustav

Mar 11, 2006
    Västerås, Sweden
    of course i will accept it! thank you! now you about the sound of sweden! :)