Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

release: The LOW C# sharp theory...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Gregory Bruce Campbell, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    BEE basses, Morley pedals
    The LOW C# sharp theory...

that my Friends is the title of the incredible new release from Jauqo III-X

There are so many myths regarding the audibility and function on many of the forums regarding instruments such as Jauqo III-X's signature sub contra bass.

Built for him and available for sale to the public through Adler guitars.

The SIT brand strings cut like a knife on Jauqo III-X's new disc available @: www.cdbaby.com

Jauqo's bass is tuned C#, F#, B, E...

That high E is the low E on a traditional 4 string bass...

I popped this CD into my computer, and though my speakers don't probably do it justice on specs on paper... It sounds great; the depth of the sub sonic pleasure in this CD is incredible!

Jauqo grooves and proves the validity of these notes like nobody's business.

The drums are very well recorded...

Kudzai Kasambria's guitar work serves as some sort of foundation rhythmically to the music.

Both guitarists are very ethereal on this recording and allow the bass to be pounding you for you undivided attention... while providing the music with some melodic illusions and substance.

Delawn Simpson is simply an inventive monster who absolutely blows my mind! And for me personally is the artistic highlight of the CD.

Both guitars are very complimentary to the bass work...

The drumming by Ernie Adams, is absolutely over the top, and tasteful too! Complimenting Jauqo’s every move; this drummer is a grooving machine! And his hi hat work sounds s if he wears one of those sporting events spectator helmets that holds two drinks... the man must have a jolt cola on each side!

This disc simply pushes the limits of tradition... and i’m proud to have been one of the first to hear the disc by my Friend Jauqo.

If I were to compare the CD to other artists.... and you know this is hard.... I would point you toward, black light syndrome, or attention deficit.

If you are serious about extended range and hearing things long before the rest of the world catches up...

If you think you know anything about the science behind going lower, and lower... you have to got to get this disc!

If you have any interest in this subject... it would be wise to own the disc from the man who runs in front of the bulls when it comes to what we do...

I HIGHLY recommend you get a copy of this disc for yourself!

When you get the disc...

I really love tracks 3, 4, 6 the best

And I would love to hear the rest of your thoughts...

I also plan (when I get some time soon) to interview Jauqo for the www.ExtendedRangeBassist.com website...

In particular I will ask him about the processes of recording this work...

Such as gear, mic placement, mood etc...

So go check it out!

Gregory Bruce Campbell Jr. the 1st

www.ExtendedRangeBassist.com

2. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Hmm, I cant find it on CDbaby, is it not up yet?

3. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    BEE basses, Morley pedals
    Ahhh, yes...

I apologize...

I got my copy directly from Jauqo himself at winter NAMM...

It is my understanding that it will be available at CD baby

Next week?