Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reliable dealers in Canada ?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by clochard, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Greetings lads and gals;
    As i'm shopping trough tons of us stores (namely bob's, upton's and norton customs'), i must ask if poeple here know of good canadian alternatives which would perform a good setup on a distance-purchased bass.
    I've also considered looking around montreal (with no luck yet) for a luthier that would carry out basses that would be in the likes of christophers or shens.

Any hints will be immensely appreciated.

hugo.

2. CCACINFO

CCACINFO

Jan 2, 2006
  3. bejoyous

bejoyous

Oct 23, 2005
    London, Ontario
    The guy to go to in Montreal is Mario Lamarre, www.lamario.ca
    Mario Lamarre, Luthier
    4710, Rue St-Ambroise, Suite 123
    Montreal, Québec, Canada
    H4C 2C7

Check out his web page, his workmanship is amazing.

Brian

4. thanks for the fast replies (and may no other tber be shy of adding more);
    lamarrio's work & instruments seem quite outstanding and unique; cant wait to visit his shop. i'm trying to get a hold of his pricerange - i probably wont be able to make it up there. Hmm... even his eub seems downright good,

keeping up my basshunt, i pray for the best.

h.

5. Wow; that was impressive;
    am just back from Mario Lamarre's shop in Montreal. Only thing to say is I second the opinion of bejoyous; he's the go-to guy.

http://www.lamario.ca/
    Check out his work and his EUB... smashing! a delicious (10 grand) baby ...

a professionnal artist. its good to see one of those handling the future of a couple of instruments.

h.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Last time I was in Canada I tried like hell to find a dealer, but I ended up having to just drink beer.