1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reliable/toneful power amp to pair with a Sansamp RBI?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by p-ripper, Jul 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. You are better off buying real Neutrik speakon plugs and a piece of wire.

Balog likes this.
  2. p-ripper

p-ripper

Jan 11, 2018
    @agedhorse I'm in Davis too! Small world.

Can someone just show me what to buy? I have no experience with power amps and the like and am also not confident in modding a cable :/ A picture of what to buy would help me greatly as well.

Apologies again, but I am also unclear about +1/+2 and all of that. Forgive me, I'm usually a guitar player!! If I'm connecting the 2 red posts to the Channel 1 speakon, do I use the Ch 2 speakon to connect to the cabinet? Or am I going from the 2 red posts directly into the cabinet? Again, pictures of what to buy or a diagram of how to do it in this application would be extremely helpful. Thank you all for your patience, it is greatly appreciated!

3. Speakons come as stereo and mono. NlL4, NL2. They wire up with a screwdriver. Easier than changing the battery in your phone.

It is all labeled +1 -1 +2 -2 so you can't get it wrong. Strip just enough insulation to work with, no soldering, just screwdriver.

You use +1 and +2 on an NL4 which is same electrical idea as the red posts with banana, the + of both amp channels That end goes to the amp out labeled CH1.

The other end is +1 -1 to the cab. You could use NL2 on the cab end or another NL4, doesn't matter. Genuine Neutrik cost a few bucks more than knockoffs but they will never jam up in your gear so pay the extra few dollars. Still cheaper than buying a ready made cable.

4. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
  5. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    The cables are available at the local music store (Watermelon) and I have plenty at my shop too. You can PM me if you wish.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Balog likes this.
  6. The fish fingers are in isle 7 at Pac'n'Save.

7. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    Passinwind likes this.
  8. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Make sure you go for the real ones.

imitation-lobster-and-crab-meat.