Reliable wireless set up for bass guitar

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by Tommygun_ted, Jul 22, 2018.

1. So I'm thinking about getting a wireless set up for my bass, as my group is getting more shows lately and I love around quite a bit on stage/am also a total klutz sometimes. However I don't know anything about wireless stuff or what I might need for a bass guitar. In your experiences, what is a good wireless unit to look into? I don't need something crazy but it does have to be reliable and not alter my sound. Any suggestions?

2. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Line 6 G50 is excellent

mesaplayer83 and ArtechnikA like this.
  3. tree_trunker

tree_trunker

Mar 17, 2017
    Texas
    Senheiser EW 172

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Anyone using the G10 with an active bass?

5. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    I use my three active basses with a Line 6 G10, had to rewire one of them. I've also seen reports on TB that some people have problems with their active basses and G10, so you'd better try it with your bass.

I do not think that G10 is the most reliable device though, but I don't really play in places with lots of 2.4GHz interference, so didn't really run into a problem with my G10 so far. If I was considering something known as more professional and reliable, I'd get a Line 6 G70.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  6. mesaplayer83

mesaplayer83

Jun 27, 2017
    I haven't, but I've probably done at least 50 gigs with a singer/songwriter that's used one with a variety of AEGs, without any issues - I recommend the G10 for a good wireless on the cheap...

7. Staredge

Staredge

Aug 7, 2010
    Damascus, MD
    I like the G30. It's worked well with my P bass. Haven't tried it with my actives yet (Schecter Stiletto 5).

8. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    what's the budget?

if you want no sound alteration without big bux, you want digital (no companding, 20-20k flat frequency response like a CD). if you want that digital to be reliable, start at around $400, that gets you into something decent like the shure GLX-D or the line 6 G70-75, systems that do a good job of not getting messed up by a room full of cellphones pinging for wi-fi.

JimmyM and mesaplayer83 like this.
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I use the G70 and it's been flawless for a year and a half, even in some rooms that make digital wireless reception challenging.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021