1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Relic project

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by c4muzik, Feb 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. c4muzik

c4muzik

Dec 31, 2006
    Boston, MA
    image. image. View attachment 791544 I'm building my second bass and I just thought partially way through sanding that I might go with the relic look. I probably stopped too late, see pics but my question is if I keep the top side as is what would be a good option for clear coating? I've used reranch and Mini Wax clear but wanted to know if these would work. I'd actually like if it came out slightly darker. Other option is to contine with my original plan Olympic White, which I have yet to find in a rattle can. Thanks in advance.

2. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    That looks too artificial to me, I would just go Olympic white. Which I'm pretty sure reranch has in rattle cans.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  3. c4muzik

c4muzik

Dec 31, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Yeah after looking at it I was wondering the same thing. I didn't plan it I just kinda stopped and thought about it. Thanks for the feedback!