Relief experience

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by wishforbass, Jul 15, 2020.

1. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    Hi everybody hope you are doing well with covid.
    Well as a lot of member know at middle of 2018 I started have a problem with shoulder pain.The pain was so serious that made me quit playing bass because I could not play without pain at all .
    I met my doctor and we did some exams on my body which came out there is not any special problem but the pain was there and when I started play I got heavy cramps on shoulder and neck which was kind of annoying.
    I ended up start do some exercises under control of doctor for sure .

Well as we don't know why my muscles are so sensitive we finally find out what works at least for practicing. It may sound stupid but playing when I lie down on a softer material helped me again get the ability of playing .which have been a big relief and help me start practice again .

So now I can start practice again and we experiment with put bass in left leg as many member recommended and it's much better than right leg.because the right leg send bass to much a side and the proper place for playing will be far which a lot of guitarist and bassist are ok with it and the stretch won't bother them but didn't work for me .

So I wanted share this exciting experience with you and wish all of you being healthy and stay safe from covid .

Outbush and CatOnTheBass like this.
  2. Malcolm35

Malcolm35

Aug 7, 2018
    Good luck with this.

wishforbass likes this.
  3. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I thought this was going to be about adjusting truss rods.

Glad you found a solution for your pain.

wishforbass likes this.
  4. Jamerson played laying down on the floor.... for other reasons.

wishforbass likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021