1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD RELIST: '97 Warwick Thumb B.O 5 w/ all Wenge Neck $1075 SHIPPED

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by patrickshofner, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. This is a 1997 Thumb B.O. w/ an awesome wenge neck. Very little wear at all. I purchased it from the original owner. Selling due to the financial need.

Comes with a road worn Warwick HSC (not flightcase), and a can of wax. Also has the recessed strap locks. I will include a strap with the locks on it as well.

There are a couple small dings in the finish, and a little visible wear on the frets. I can't feel any indents in the frets but you can see the scuffing on them. The only functional thing that I have a question about is the stacked pot. The top of it will continue to rotate even when the control is maxed out. The bottom knob is fine. I don't hear anything odd going on, but I thought I should mention it.

See photos at http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f303/patrickshofner/Gear/thumb/

DSC_0328.

DSC_0336.

DSC_0352.

2. i hate username

i hate username

Jan 9, 2006
    Try tightening the screw on the loose dial, should stop that spinning. Nice bass BTW. I want a wenge neck :)

3. i will give that a try. Thanks!

4. cashhere

cashhere

Dec 3, 2005
    E-Town KY
    Bump for a good guy

5. Any interest in trades or trades + cash?

6. No longer on hold. She's available guys!

7. whats the weight on this one?

8. per the ever-so-trusty bathroom scale it weighs between 10-10.5 lbs. of course that is to be taken with a grain of salt.

9. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    Is this gone? Pics are gone.

10. Pics have been fixed. Still available at the moment.

11. i may regret this, but i may consider a trade on a passive 4 stringer (hollow/semi hollow offers encouraged). also, the stacked knob is fine. the screw was indeed loose. thanks!

12. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I've always loved the look and sound of these basses.

13. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    I think once my divorce is final....I'm getting one of these!

14. thanks for the words guys. she's still available!

15. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    I want that bass. It's too bad I have not enough cash, and only have guitar stuff for trade. You wouldn't be interested in a 2009 Mesa triple recto??? :p

16. i hate username

i hate username

Jan 9, 2006
    Shame this didn't go up next month or id jump on it. Does this one suffer from dreaded thumb neck-dive? Or is that just the NT models?

Wouldn't be surprised if it did and tbh i wouldn't care i just want one so bad its not even funny

17. bump.

18. dostavkausa

dostavkausa Snowflake, AZ

Nov 8, 2009
    Snowflake,AZ
    Hi I am interested in this bass
    Thanks,
    Stan

19. all PMs replied to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.