1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD RELIST: Brubaker Brute MJX-5 FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pablomigraine, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    FS: 2010 Brubaker Brute MJX-5.

My New Lakland will be ready next week and this has gotta go.

4 months old and in overall excellent shape. Black / Black / Maple. Serial #0073. Everything you've read about this bass is true. It is HANDS DOWN the most playable import I have ever owned and, if I may blaspeheme, is the only import I have ever owned with a better neck than my Lakland Skylines. Check around the threads and you'll see exactly the same sentiment held by many others. The action on this bass is so low you can barely slip a credit card through at the 12th fret. I have honestly NEVER seen better fretwork on an import bass.

The Bridge pickup on these is "Jazzier" than the MM pickups on the Laklands and has more "burp & buzz" than most MM style Pups, but still retains a fat bottom unattainable with a single coil jazz pup. Both Pups blended is slap city, and the neck heel and heel controur also renders this baby one of my most slappable. She balances well, is medium weight and stays in tune no matter what.

Check them out HERE

Check out bassist Kevin Walker demonstrating the Brute Series HERE

The bass will ship with an Access hardshell case ($100 NEW)and a spare set of the new Fender Taper-Wound stainless strings.

$525.00 shipped CONUS. That's basically $150 off new, free shipping and a free $100 case. Feel free to make an offer on just the bass without HSC.

** Pictures will be up tomorrow.

** Please, absolutley no trade offers. I need cash for this one. Feel free to make an offer, the faster I get this gone the better.

** Bass is also for sale locally!!

2. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    All PM's Answered. Bump

3. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Your PM box is full.

4. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Bass is ON HOLD PENDING PAYMENT!!!

EDIT: bass is still available. Don't take me the wrong way guys but please, don't use the phrase "I'll take it, what's your PayPal" unless you both A) actually have the money, B) actually intend on buying THIS bass.... not tying up 2 or three people while you decide what bass you want and C) aren't one tank of gas or pack of cigarettes away from not being able to pay for the bass.

Thanks!

5. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    BUMP

MAKE OFFER.

I NEED THIS BABY GONE LIKE NOW.

PM YOUR EMAIL FOR HI RES PICS.

FIRST FAIR OFFER GETS IT!

6. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    Owner: Ish Guitars, Inc. Owner: Ish Case, Inc
    Not that you need another bump, but BUMP for Brubaker Brutes being SWEET basses!

7. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    All PM's replied to.....

move quick !!

8. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Four offers on the table and it's getting close!! First one to get $500 in my paypal gets it!

GO!!

9. pablomigraine

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Aaaaaand SOLD to Phillipkregg!!

Thanks everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.