1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD relist FS/FT Wilkins VRB JJ5 Namm Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smithplyr, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relisting my Wilkins VRB JJ 5 Namm Bass , No reason for this bass to be setting around not being played ,Rather see her go and be played. Won`t go into long details of the bass it has a Mango Top, Alder Back , Chambered Body, Indian Rosewood Board , Surh 3 Band Pre, Nut Width 1 7/8" , 34" scale , weight 8 - 8.5 lbs. Added a clip of Pat Wilkins talking about the bass:

Looking for a 70`s P Bass or Jazz $2000
    Only reason for selling don`t want it setting around, Great and fast player , Very low action , Dial in all tones with this bass from vintage to Modern Tone.

Attached Files:

2. kenny ames

kenny ames

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN.
    Beautiful bass. Love his finishes on my Sadowskys. Bet it sounds wonderful but have 0 hands on experience w/ his instruments. While the video is cool he doesnt play the instrument. Any sound clips or a video of you playing it would be wonderful. Thanks!

3. Kenny sorry I don`t have any Vids or sound clips of the bass! Few players on youtube have a few Jimmy Haslip has a clip of the VRB 5

4. Bump for trade update , Someone needs to give this beauty a Home and play time it deserves , Hate seeing this Bass just setting in the case!

5. pics

Attached Files:

6. pics of side

Attached Files:

7. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Argh....here it is again!

Love the look of this bass!

Wish I had cash instead of a trade.....or the trade you want

8. Basspraiser I know! , I would like to keep her but my Smith 5er get`s all the work , The Wilkins is to sweet of a bass not to be played , Given my 62 jazz a well deserved rest she will be 51 in a month need a good 4 stringer to replace her!

9. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Doug actually offered a bass in trade? Was it the little Samick?

10. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    How did you know?

I only asked him to pay $1000 additional....I thought it was fair...

11. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    PM sent...

12. Price Drop $2000 , Have had a few offers nothing solid enough to take , Someone needs to take this beautiful bass you won`t be sorry!!

13. couple more pics

Attached Files:

14. OK, I think this is going to be it for me trying to get this bass to someone who can use and enjoy it for what it is. Tired of turning down deals because I committed to another and have them get cold feet and back out! , I will let the bass stay with me even if it does not get any play time, Don`t know if people are unsure of who Pat Wilkins is or his build quality!, Well folks Pat makes top notch bass guitars and are just as good as any others High End Builders that are on the market if not better. Not my loss if I keep the bass , Just did not want it setting in the case, Just wanted it to be enjoyed and played as it should.Pat`s reviews on his bass are nothing but great as it should be because he is a top builder that pays close attention to detail on each and every bass he stands behind his basses 100%.Since getting my new Smith the Wilkins just does not get any play time and that is the only reason im offering the bass to others to enjoyed and play! , If you ever played one of Pat`s basses you would agree with everything I have said. Everyone has to start from somewhere!!

15. basspraiser

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    I just asked Pat to quote on building me one "similar" and lets just say that $2000 is a steal...

Pat does GREAT work and is a great guy!

16. Thanks Basspraiser folks just don`t understand the qaulity of these basses they are not cheap and I am offering a great deal no where else would you get this bass for the price im asking!!

17. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    I doubt that is it... There is a lot of economic uncertainty right now and I think people are hesitant to pull the trigger on things. Additionally, there are many here who just blow out gear because they need to sell it, making other gear worth less in the eyes of the potential buyer. It is just a buyers market right now...

18. 1+ well said!

19. Wow! gave this bad boy a complete setup lastnight!, Set the PU`s little higher and what a diffrence in sound it made , Amazing how this bass plays, everything even across the board no buzz with great action!.
    Fast player , Well Hmmmm! , I may rethink this one I don`t know on the fence keep or not. Hate to see it just setting around not getting played!. Have been asked if any issues, None!, Bass is in excellent condition, Amazing what a setup and new set of Smith Taper Cores can do for a bass...:bassist:

20. Interesting offers want to say thanks , Some that are sweet that might work but still looking for that right one! Xotic XJ-1T5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.