1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD relist: FT Spector euro 5, upgraded emgs, pre and sexy!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SodaCity bass, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SodaCity bass

SodaCity bass Bartolini Artist, MTD Artist, LaBella Artist Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    I had this listed previously and had all types of crazy offers, but I'm back to try again without the clutter and more trade interest. I'm not listing this bass as new anymore since I've been playing the hell out of her and gigging her. Still in amazing condition!! Its ultra amber(not standard amber,) has upgraded 40dc pickups, emg btc preamp with exb tone control. This bass gets anything from hifi to organic from jazz to ray and back to the classic Spector growl. Now, what I'm looking for:

Spector euro 4lx (+ cash depending on model)
    Spector euro 6lx
    Pedulla MVP, thunderbolt, rapture 5
    4/5 string jazz style bass
    Other 6 string basses

Sorry no musicmans, bongos, p basses, g&l anything, Gibson, or basses along those lines.

2. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Pics?

I thought most 5LXs came with the 40DCs, too. What were the old ones?

3. SodaCity bass

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Nope. Old ones came with hz's I believe and the new ones came with tw's.

4. bunkaroo

bunkaroo Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    New ones do come with TW's but the pre-LX were DC's.

5. SodaCity bass

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Some pics

Attached Files:

6. SodaCity bass

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Two more

Attached Files:

7. SodaCity bass

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Thanks for clarifying!

8. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    ??? GAS killing you??

9. SodaCity bass

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Nah, just need a sound with more mids at the moment.....and some GAS pains

10. ynot12

ynot12 Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    Bump for awesome bass and my beloved BTC/EXB a.k.a. smadder setup. I have it on one of my Spector's and it kills. Great looking bass, too!

11. SodaCity bass

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    And spoken for. Looks like she's going to Nashville

12. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    and for once, it is not coming to me but I know who's getting it!!!

13. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    And due to the 5 digit serial (post 10000) this is clearly a newer (last couple of years) Euro 5 LX, not a (2001-2003) Euro5 as the title and description might suggest.
    The fact that you made this distinction (LX) in your possible trade options, but not in the designation of the bass you're offering, might make this a little cloudy for those that don't know their Spectors as much.

Other than Rebops or special models (Chad Kroeger), there hasn't been Hz pickups standard in Czech models since the pre 1999 SSD era NSCR series. The LX series started in 2004 with the TW's working their way in a few years later.
    DC's arent really an upgrade so much as a different flavor of EMG active bass pickup such as the CS, TW, P, J, and P and J's in soapbox housings (35, 40 and 45).
    Spector mistakenly labels the TW's as CS-TW's on their site. The TW's in twin coil mode do model the CS's, but the CS's are non coil switchable and are their own model.
    Even EMG doesn't label the TW's as such (CS-TW's), so this is a head scratcher on Spector's part.

FWIW, I prefer the DC's. :D
    Good luck.

14. SodaCity bass

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Thanks, but I just have forgotten to put lx....was on my other thread. Either way, its a 2012 and is spoken for. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.