1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD RELIST: Ken Smith BSRB Custom 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tiz_1, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiz_1

tiz_1

Jan 6, 2009
    Milford, CT
    I am now offering shipping included and reposted to do that and clean up the thread.

$1200 firm. Shipping in lower 48 usa only included.

This bass cost me $1000 from another member here. It came to me with the incorrect knobs and a bad output jack. In addition to installing those parts from Ken Smith I had a complete setup and fret-leveling done early last spring. The bass has about 6 hrs playing at my house since then.

Comes with original Smith hardshell case and a new set of DR strings (not installed). 34" scale, 16mm string spacing at the bridge. About 10.5 lbs weight on my bathroom scale.

There is a slight defect in the finish on the back of the neck at around fret 9 or 10. Seems like a tiny bubble in the finish which 'popped'. I will try to photograph that but it is barely noticable. There are some slight swirl marks on the back from shirt buttons that can be seen at some angles in the right light.

I really like this bass. It's in generally excellent condition, sounds and plays like a dream. I'm just not a 6-guy and I have found a replacement Smith 5. So I'd like to sell this one.

KEN SMITH's site for background info on this bass: Ken Smith Basses, LTD. - The BSR "B" Model

I am in Milford, CT. If you are close to Connecticut we can talk about meeting so you can see and make a final decision to buy this bass. I'm willing to bring it at least part way to you depending on your location and how certain you are of buying it. Or it can be shipped.

PRICE IS FIRM

NO TRADES. PLEASE! No tire kickers

SHIPPING IS INCLUDED TO LOWER 48 USA ONLY

Thanks for looking.

2. tiz_1

tiz_1

Jan 6, 2009
    Milford, CT
    Pics Attached

Attached Files:

3. tiz_1

tiz_1