1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Relist: Warwick Corvette FNA 5 string with Wenge Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Apr 27, 2015.

1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Price:
    SOLD
    Strings:
    This is a relist as the prior post got a little cluttered from word games and various other fun things surrounding the joys of wenge. Apparently there are a lot of classic movies that can be brilliantly re-titled to include the word "wenge." So…

For sale is my 1998 Warwick Corvette FNA 5 string. made in Germany. This has a wenge neck, wenge fingerboard, an ash body, and a beautiful flamed maple top. Oh an did I mention it was a wenge neck with wenge fingerboard?! This bass comes shipped to you with a gig bag and packed bombproof.

This bass is from the golden days of Warwick. It has the countersunk/recessed Dunlap strap lock system (locks will be included), one of many great features which made Warwicks a cut above other manufactured basses in my opinion.

For those who are not familiar with the FNA, this is Warwick's take on the MusicMan Stingray but it also doubles as a great P bass if you want that sound.

The bass features the Seymour Duncan STC-3M4 as the stock preamp and a MM style pickup. You get MM tones from the preamp by using the 3 band EQ and if you activate the “slap contour” switch my pulling on the volume knob, it boosts lows and highs and cuts mids giving a nice, round, P-type tone which is great for slapping or just a rounder tone like a P bass. This is very cool feature in general and is also a great set up for a quick tonal adjustment on the fly. The preamp also has trim bots inside to adjust the range for the treble and bass boost so you can really fine tune your sound!

At some point in its life a prior owner had changed the preamp in this bass but I had it professionally changed it back so the stock Seymour Duncan preamp in there is brand new!

The bass is certainly what I would describe as "touch sensitive" in a very good way. Very responsive and easy to play. And a fantastic B string as you would expect from a Warwick!

This also has a slim neck profile and the only way I can think to describe the feel of this wenge neck in your hand is “buttery.”

This bass has a very nice look owing to the top wood. It looks high end but not too flashy. It also balances nicely – the Corvette body style feels great to wear.

The condition of the bass is excellent. One or two very light scuffs as shown. Again the bass comes with a gig bag.

I am asking $SOLD shipped conus in OHSC obo for this one. Please add $25 for shipping to MST or PST time zones. I am also happy to ship international but please PM me first if you are outside the CONUS as we will have to look into feasibility of shipping and agree upon terms and additional shipping costs.

While I much prefer cash, I would consider trading in part or in whole for certain pre-1999 Warwicks or a Stingray 5 (made in USA) so if you have one, let me know. I would really like a 5 string corvette with wenge neck but open to other possibilities of comparable quality. Otherwise, I prefer to do a sale for this one.

Feel free to PM any questions.

Thanks for looking and enjoy the high res photos below!

image%201_zpssnguxng7.
    image%202_zpsxtehbqal.
    image%203_zpsogptouzv.
    image%204_zpszomt51ko.
    image%205_zpsdyt2aacy.
    image%206_zpsp9ciis3l.
    image%207_zpsqjefc4nl.
    image%208_zpsez8pcuow.
    image%209_zps8coz4vrn.
    image%2010_zpsujqd5seb.
    image%2011_zpsdipvsl0f.
    image%2012_zpsbmwcdl81.
    image_zps7cxw3vfk.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Orange Caesar likes this.
  2. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    Perty!!!

Mid to late May.... can't come quick enough!

3. fretless_bill

fretless_bill

Jan 30, 2009
    String spacing and scale? Thanks.

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    34 inch scale. I believe spacing is 16.5 mm. Back to you on that.

5. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

The spacing is adjustable on Warwick bridges

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Wow. Embarrassed to saw that as the owner of several Warwicks, I have never adjusted mine!

Orange Caesar likes this.
  7. /\/\3phist0

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    rogerbmiller and Orange Caesar like this.
  8. /\/\3phist0

String spacing from 16.5 to 17 on a 5vr
    17 to 17.5 on 4 strr if iirc

9. EMoneySC2

EMoneySC2 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    OK, I need this in my life. PM'd.

10. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    And so it shall be. Pm Replied.

11. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Sale pending ^^^

12. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    Noooooooooooooooo...

It was bound to happen.... next time...

13. 31HZ

31HZ Supporting Member

Somebody got a great deal on an awesome bass.

14. /\/\3phist0

i only let mine go in order to get my Dolphin, the new owner calls it his blue angel (mine was blue)

15. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    Sob :bawl:... gonna go drown my sorrows in the classifieds...

16. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    You have PM. Hale Caesar!

rojo412 likes this.
  17. EMoneySC2

EMoneySC2 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Payment sent ^.^

18. Orange Caesar

Orange Caesar

Nov 27, 2014
    NorCal
    Nooooooo... Again.... Well... Congrats...

:bawl:... :rage:... :crying: