1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Relisted: Elrick Classic 4 $1175

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by phishaholik, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I realized the other day that if I pare down to just one bass, I can buy a Ducati 916. So I'm going let go of my Elrick Classic. I never thought I would sell this one, but a Ducati is calling to me in my sleep. My girlfriend thinks I keep dreaming about other women, so for the sake of my relationship I'm going to have buy a Ducati.

This bass is absolutely beautiful. It has a lightweight swamp ash body with a bloodwood accent and a figured walnut top. The neck and the fretboard are both made of wenge. It's in great shape. It's easily a 9 out of ten. The bass is very lightweight. I would say it's under eight pounds.

This bass pretty much sounds like the bartolini electronics that are in it. If you know barts, you know how this bass sounds. I didn't notice a huge difference between this bass and my Roscoe that I previously owned. It has a nice dark and warm tone. The preamp is a three-band with a passive switch and three-way mid switch.

This bass has some interesting features that I really dug. First, the bloodwood accent looks fantastic with the walnut top. Also, the walnut veneer on top of the ash veneer on the headstock is a really nice touch. Another neat feature is the neck joint. The back of the neck is a little concave right before the neck joint. This makes accessing the upper frets very comfortable and easy. This bass sports a 35" scale, but the bridge is placed at the very end of the body. The result is a 24 fret neck that plays more like a 21. There's no long reach to first position on this bass and playability is excellent. It balances very well thanks to Hipshot ultralight tuners and the shape of the body. A very comfortable bass. This bass also sports a zero fret, so the open notes sound the same as the fretted ones. The fretjob is fantastic with no low spots. You can get very low action with no buzz.

I only need to sell this bass to get a new bike, so I'm going to sacrifice it at $1175 plus shipping. Money order only, I cannot afford the paypal fees at this price. This is an insane deal on this bass. For the price of a new Fender, you can have this one of a kind handmade beauty.

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Absolute steal!!!!

3. Wow!! thats a good deal!

4. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Here's a couple more pics for ya.

5. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Sold

Mike

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.