Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RELOCATING TO COLORADO SPRINGS!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BABY J, Jul 24, 2004.

1. BABY J

BABY J

Jul 9, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    And guys from Co. here... how is the music scene? Weather? Let me know.

Baby J

2. Weathers nice, musics cool.

3. hahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaahahahhahaa

4. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I don't live there but I've spent some time there. It rains lightly for about 15 minutes everyday. You can also leave your doors and stuff open during the right times and let a nice breeze go through your house/apartment. Be smart in the mountains though, being stupid will get you killed.

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    It's not all that dangerous in the mountains. There are mainly two kinds of bears around that part of Colorado, Grizzlies and Brown Bears. If you are out in the mountains and encounter a Brown Bear, he will probably be as frightened as you are. If you carry a can of pepper spray in your pocket, or some jingly stuff so he will hear you coming you will be fine.

And if you are planning to camp look around the area before you set up you tent and check for bear droppings. If there aren't any droppings, then it's less likely that there are bears than if you do find droppings.

If you find droppings, you can tell what kind of bear they are from just by a quick look. Brown Bear droppings will cover a space the size of, say a salad plate. Grizzly droppings will be about twice as large and may contain cans of pepper spray and jingly stuff.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My wife and I spent 4 nights of our vacation in Colorado Springs last month. It's a great place surrounded by beautiful scenery. We got caught in a snow storm on top of Pike's Peak..in June. That's where you have to be careful because someone occasionally gets hit by lightning. It's a pretty cool town though...charming. From what I heard the cost of buying or renting is through the roof compared to Texas. They have a pretty cool modern downtown area and then a pretty touristy old downtown area. It seems like some cool bands come through there too. Medeski Martin and Wood was coming through later in June.

I think you'll enjoy it..especially if you like the outdoors. Only problem is there are a lot of tourists so almost everything has been fenced in and now costs money except for Garden of the Gods.

brad cook

7. BABY J

BABY J

Jul 9, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    HA HA... I gotcha!! :) I guess I'll keep in the house. HA HA. I will be moving there on the 6th. I am kinda excited, but being from Atlanta I how I will be able to find some musicians that will force me to stay in the woodshed and learn ya know?

8. How long have you been playing?

9. BABY J

BABY J

Jul 9, 2004
    Columbia, SC
  10. hey! im moving to columbia sc! i start usc in 2 weeks. interesting!

11. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I was talking more about white outs and blizzards.

My aunt and her boyfriend are both on a volunteer rescue team. While I was visiting her earlier this summer, there was a group of two teenage boys that went hiking while I was there. They were in blue jeans and long sleeve cotton shirts. There was a white out, the youngest died. His older brother and his dog both lived but did have frostbite and such. My aunt's boyfriend is the one who found the dead little brother and carried him up a mountain and then back down. (It was in a valley.) This was in mid june.

Thats what I mean by being stupid and getting killed. I probably should have said "unprepared" though.