Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rem

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ashton, Jun 27, 2001.

1. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hey
    anyone here know of rem's new song, immitation of life. well i think it rawks and i know they have a bassist but i cant really hear the bass in this song???weird. if anyone has any tools or softeware that can help you get the bass to shine through can you please tab the song. this is one of the ones that i just cant get.
    thanks
    Lukas

2. Uhhhh :confused:

Is this about basses? Didn't think so.

3. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well i didnt know where to put it sorry, someone usually tells me where to put it so im learning.
    later
    Lukas

4. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Sorry, Ashton, haven't heard the song you're looking for enough to even remember how it goes.

Anway, I was just gonna post an REM topic of my own but I thought I'd save some thread space and ask here, if anyone can help me as well:

My bass teacher and I have been trying to work out REM's song "Laughing" off the Murmur album. We've spent 2 weeks on it. I can't believe I got the intro down so I'm happy with that!

But even my teacher (who can play anything!) had a problem with the bridge part. The bass is extremely hard to hear. My teacher wrote down some notes for it, how he thinks it goes. So I've been trying that out. Still doesn't seem right. I've even listened to the song with headphones and my subwoofer to the max and I still can't hear that bridge! Esp. the last part of the bridge.

Here's the notes my teacher wrote out: C# D# C# B G# E | E E (octave) E D# G# | (it's mainly that second section that I can't hear..the E)

If anyone has played this song before or at least can hear the bass part, I'd be extremely grateful on your idea on how the bridge part goes.

Thanks,

~Stephanie