1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Remember me? You might dig this stoner/doom dealy

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ryan Berry, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Hey hey hey, I used to be a pretty active member here a few years ago. I sort of stopped using the internet and also stopped playing bass in a band (I started playing drums). Anyways, I somehow stumbled upon a link to talkbass, read through recent threads for a few hours, and decided people here may dig a band I've been playing in for a while. It is guitarless stoner/doom rock. All bass and crazy heavy, for fans of Black Sabbath, Kyuss, Sleep, The Hidden Hand, etc.

Any feedback would be great, especially from people who actually remember me!

http://www.myspace.com/spacetrain

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Awesome stuff... very cool actually. Killer tone as well. Dooooooooommmm

3. Neat stuff. I enjoy me some stoner metal every so often.

Related note: the founders of both QOTSA and Fu Manchu both say that they never use marijuana. I find this highly amusing.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I know Josh Homme has outwardly complained against the term "Stoner Rock." It comes from the band Sleep who smoked epic amounts of pot, and often sang about it (in some cases, wrote 60 minute plus marijuana hymnals). And it was passed along from their. I think there are quite a few stoner rock bands that don't site weed as an influence...

5. Well if it means anything to you guys, neither of us smoke anything. Thanks for the kind words.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Do you guys perform live? Is it without overdubs? how does that work out?

7. We play all the songs live with just one bass and drums, so it's nowhere near as full or intense as the recordings. We have, however, recently added a second bassist to fill out the rest. Ideally, we would have three basses, but that would create too much mud.

I think we're going to fuse this band with a band that has yet to be formed that will play the stuff I've been writing and recording on guitar with fake drums (zombie jesus defecation, it's on the top 8 there on the space train page), so that will add the amount of people to bring what has been recorded to life. We've gotten a pretty good response as a two piece though.

8. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    Great music! :bassist: