1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Remember mosh girl...? (chics at shows thread obsession) look what i found...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jugoziithouu, Sep 22, 2008.

1. jugoziithouu

jugoziithouu

Jun 15, 2008
    I am crying...

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    haha, not as epic as mosh girl, but a funny owned.

3. Haha, we all know she deserved it....

4. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    100 yr old meme

5. You can tell that the guy kinda feels bad, but then he just sort of slinks away.

6. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Since when could **** like that actually be called a mosh pit?...

7. brivello

brivello

Jun 27, 2008
    Philadelphia
    A girl on my floor got her arm broken a week or two ago in a mosh pit....she is a cello player.... >.<

8. So true my friend, ever so true.:scowl:

9. +2 Wow, things sure have changed in the last 20 years.

10. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    That is a spas pit not a mosh pit :D
    They would have all gotten there butts kicked in the old days at the Mabuhay ;)

11. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    why is flailing your arms in circles considered moshing these days? what a disgrace. :scowl:

12. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    its hardcore dancing, its idiotic....but just as idiotic as circle pits

13. lulz kindazzz

14. Man, I went to a hardcore show last year (hadn't been to one since the mid-90's) and it's really weird now. That sort of random flailing around is so bizarre. It also doesn't seem to be triggered by anything in the music--somebody will just start wingin their arms and legs around totally at random, for no reason.

It made me feel old, old, old. But if that's what it takes to be young nowadays, screw that.

15. Add me to the 'what the hell is that' group. It looks more like the epilepsy foundation after-party. :eyebrow:

That is no mosh pit....

16. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Moshers lamenting the good old days.............

If that doesn't make you feel old, nothing will.

17. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    We have a real problem with that in SE Idaho. A 14 year-ol gal had her face busted up pretty badly because some 200lb 30 year olds were irresponsible at an all ages show. one of the greasy pigs haules the other up on his back and they started spinning while he windmilled his legs. The gal was in the hospital for a few weeks. I don't see the point to hardcore dancing. more than once i've had to jump into fights in the pit durnig a show. Why is this even appealing? I'd rather sit far away and have a hard time hearing than jump into the middle of one of those blenders. I suppose that dates me, but I don't really care. My joints wll still work when i'm 70 (barrng unforseen circumstance, of course).

18. Times have changed. I haven't been to a hardcore show since '85 (maybe Scream or Gangrene with Circle Jerks), but a mosh pit was basically slam dancing where people would get their ass kicked and thrown out for flailing arms like that. Hardcore also didn't have cookie monster vocals:confused:. I'm officially old.

19. Fab Mab, On Broadway. Memories. Jello B. hoppin' in the pit, emerging completely naked, finishing the show. The good old days. Few got genuinely injured.

20. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    good to know I am not the only geriatric punk around :D
    Too bad I could not grow a mohawk if I wanted to now :scowl: