Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Remember that bass?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yvon, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
  2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    The bass is authentic....but whether they really have it....well, that is another story....;)

3. Whew, Yvon when I saw your name and the name of the thread my first though was that you had accidentally killed some one with that new bass of yours. If I remember correctly I looked pretty dangerous.

That is a nice bass on ebay, but if the signatures are driving up the price I don't understand.
    They are all great bass players but I wouldn't bring my bass to a show to have it signed, might just be me. Personally it doesn't add any value.

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    If I cared enough to have my bass signed by people I admired, I would not be selling it regardless... Almost makes you think that the guy had it signed knowing he'd be selling via ebay...

-robert

5. Thats a nutty bass, Looks heavy though? Anyone played it or something like it???

Merls

6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    No I didn't. I'm not interested in a double neck at all, sorry Jeff and John. I can't see the use, for me anyway. I was just supprised that the price went from 25000$ to 3499$.

I don't think the signature have nothing to do with the price. It is very expensive because it the only double neck tobias ever made, and it will be the only one.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yvon, they need to click the link and look at the bass.

I think that they are getting confused with that Ebay atrocity from a couple of weeks back that had all of those signatures on it.