1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Remember that Custom 'Pavel JPJ' that has made its way through TB??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xhawk5, May 23, 2020.

1. I Love em

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. I like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Meh, it's ok...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Here's an update on this Sadowsky/Lull killer!

*I GENTLY leveled the frets and crowned em.
    *Next was to replace the 'replaced' import Hipshot keys with USA ones.
    *Then the bridge... a lovely Black/Chrome Badass II. How awesome does that look!
    *Then I thought a Sadowsky Preamp would sound more lively than the East custom, I was right! OMG!!
    *Lastly was a tough decision but I choose a set of Nordstrand NJ4 70's wind pickups.
    *What a combo!! A rich, full, lively sound from vintage to modern and everything in between!

I might sell her or trade, IDK. I haven't gigged out in over a year, not sure what the future holds but this is my fav jazz bass! (I've had quite a few, as most of us have.

Before as I received it without the Aguilars, Babicz bridge or USA tuner keys...
    P1020525.jpg

Dropped in the Nordys, installed the Badass II and removed the East pre...
    IMG_0047.jpeg
    Sadowsky Pre going in...
    IMG_0049.jpeg
    Nice and clean...
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    Stunningly Beautiful and now Tone and playability like never before! I love the feel of natural wood!
    IMG_0054.jpeg

eee and songwriter21 like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021