Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Remember that feeling?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by OneCoolDog, Mar 2, 2003.

1. OneCoolDog

OneCoolDog

Oct 15, 2002
    Alabama, USA
    I don't know if it's just me, but...
    Anyone remember that feeling when you first started playing, how you just.. really loved to play for the sake of playing?

I mean, I remember how good it felt when I first started, just that rush I guess you'd call it. As time went on I started to realize I was pretty much playing only so that I could play the song, a pride thing, in a way. I mean, I guess there's a place for learning harder songs and being proud of yourself for it, but where is the balance between the two?

The rush isn't really gone, but, does that "first love" kind of fade away for everyone, or is it just me?

2. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I think I enjoy bass playing now more than I've ever done.

4. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Yeah, I remember that... It was just this morning. :D I guess I really haven't been playing that long, but it just keeps gettin' better.

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    BTW this wants to be in Misc.

7. its never faded away with me, i pick it up and ill strike an open E and i could be the saddest guy on the earth. And when i hit that string.....you see me grinning from ear to ear:D

8. OneCoolDog

OneCoolDog

Oct 15, 2002
    Alabama, USA
    Would it be okay with everyone if we forgot about what I said with that little fog over my head.. y'all are making me realize how much it hasn't faded. :) Thanks, everyone ;)