Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

remember the post on my school a few weeks back?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stupidnick, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hey yall
    i found one of the tracts.. the main one i was talking about

http://www.av1611.org/rock.html
    here on the internet

The super group, Metallica, in the song "Jump In the Fire", commands young people to jump into hell:
    "Follow me now my child . . .
    DO JUST AS I SAY . . .
    Jump by your will or be taken by force
    I'll get you either way . . .
    So reach down grab my hand walk with me through the land
    COME HOME WHERE YOU BELONG
    So come on JUMP IN THE FIRE."

....um.. whatever.. here ya go.. have fun kids

2. Appropriate title for that Dr. Alan book.

3. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    I love closed-minded people who turn everyone that thinks for themselves or just differently into bad guys.

4. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    That is one of the funniest things I have read in a very long time. I am in tears from laughing so hard. I am a big rock and worse still metal fan, I don't feel the devil in me. Is there a place I can get that checked. If so, can I have the address?

5. Can you believe what that HOMOSEXUAL David Bowie said? The nerve...

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    To quote a sticker on a friend of mine's backpack:
    "Why do people with closed minds always have their mouths open?" Or something like that.

These people make me sick. They also make me laugh at how out of context they take things.

7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Now that is a brilliant quote!

8. This is a brilliant page! :rolleyes:

of course kids are much better off hearing lyrics about broken hearted teenagers who just broke up with the boy/girlfriend...

and if they truly knew the meanings of most rock songs they'd know they're not about satan... most of them are about drugs! :)

and to end this post here comes a great quote from a great man.

"If lyrics make people do things, then how come we don't love each other?" -Frank Zappa

and just because it's so funny, here's another great Zappa quote:
    Interviewer: "So Frank, you've got long hair, does that make you a woman?"
    FZ: "You've got a wooden leg, does that make you a table?"

:D

and Remember people, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

9. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    well, if geraldo says it...

10. Bill Hicks:
    "If you don't think that drugs have done good things for us, go home, take all your albums and cassettes and burn them. Because the people who made that wonderful music which has enhanced your lives for years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal ****ing high on drugs."

I find your website kind of.... empty.

11. Yes, get rid of Rock and Roll!! Guitars should not be amplified, they should only be acoustic, and only be used to praise the lord!!

:rolleyes:

I hate that.

Rock on
    Eric

12. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    how many people even listen to music for six hours a day?

...people have a right to remain idiots, i guess...

13. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Whoever drafted that website is grossly misinformed. First and foremost, they need to get their facts straight. N.I.B. does not stand for Nativity in Black. The song got it's title one day when Ozzy and Geezer were stoned. Ozzy said that Geezer's beard looked like a pen nib, so they named the song that and put dots in it to make it look like an acronym. 2nd, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers quote was obviously dry sarcasm since most people always thank God when they win awards. 3rd, It's pretty stupid to quote a Megadeth song, when Dave Mustaine is a born again Christain. (and they also forgot to mention in their bashing of Slayer, that Tom Araya is openly Christain.......and oh yeah, it's also funny they bash Iron Maiden when Nicko McBrain is also a born again) 4th, most of those song quotes are taken out of context. If you listen to "Wild Side" by Motley Crue the whole way through, it's pretty obvious the song is about the fast way of life in LA. 5th, you have to be a real dumb *** to not understand what David Bowie was saying. It's pretty obvious what he means is that you can explore more taboo emotions, sensations, thoughts ect. with Rock music. He's basically saying, you don't have to put up this front that you're living in Leave it to Beaver land.

Sure, a few of those bands like Deicide are satanic, but most of it's a marketing scheme anyways. And all you have to do is read an interview with Glen Benton or some of the more satanic black metal bands and it's pretty obvious they are a few short of a six pack to begin with.

While I'm a firm believer in God, it's stuff like this they keeps me from getting into the "organized" part of religion.

14. I listen to music eight to ten hours a day.

15. Oliphaunt

Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    "FIRST OF ALL we want to thank Satan . . ." - Red Hot Chili Peppers after recieving MTV award.

Do they not realize that's a JOKE!?

And the Pink Floyd "Sheep" lyrics are brilliant!
    What were they trying to prove by posting them?
    That God actually DOES treat us like we treat sheep?

16. *Raises hand*

17. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    really?

not including rehearsals, practices, etc. ?

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Well that depends....

6 on a bad day. If Im lucky, its closer to 8 or 10

I often fall asleep to music too though I wouldnt count that as part of my 6 to 10. If thats counted in its closer to 16-18.

Peace
    Nick

19. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    wow, i must suck!

i don't even listen to music for an hour on a typical day.

including driving time (cds in car).

20. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I DO! Well, actually about 4-6 on most days. My photo teacher lets us listen to portables if we've got 'em. Plus about two hours while I do my homework. Then there's always practice time, about an hour. Not to mention in the car. :D