remember the spin doctors

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by top028, Aug 19, 2001.

1. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I just picked up an album in the rotting bin at the local CD store. for three dollars I got the last spin doctors album, and I was amazed. Those guys are really good, not to mention their bassists quality tone and tastful licks. deffinantly worth the money. If they had only come out last year...with the jam band hippie sceen booming, they would have made it. Its a shame.
  2. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    I'm not sure what the cd you're talking about is, but Pocket Full of Kryptonite is a good cd. They got a good bassplayer, too. Did they break up?
  3. lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    I have "Homebelly Groove-Live" which was released before Kryptonite came out. Live is good, but doesn't have the pro finish that a good producer can put on a recording. I liked Kryptonite but only liked a couple of tunes on "Turn It Upside Down." Was that their last album? I know it was near of the end.
  4. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    i have "turn it upside down"...I couldnt remember the name of the disk when I wrote it...and it was out in the car you know how it is. I enjoyed it
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Two Princes was a hit over here, I liked the whole album (PFOK), but didn't follow their career closely. I liked the drummer and the guitarist better than the bassist. I remember that their music was labeled 'Neo Dead'(?), a label that (fortunately) disappeared with them. I didn't think they sounded like The Grateful Dead at all. Maybe it was their neo hippie attire that got them that name.
  6. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    I heard they broke up a while ago, but I they're listed as playing at the Wetlands Preserve in NYC on Sept. 7 for its farewell week of shows, before it closes in September. :(
  7. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I heard their singer had really serius problems (cancer???) with his vocal chords....
  8. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I saw them live once, and that is all i ever heard of them.
  9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I recently heard they were going to release a "best of..." disc, before releasing some new stuff they have been working on.

Uhhhh...couldn't they burn their greatest hits onto a CD single?
  10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i heard the same thing... i don´t know if they could do new music... unless the make instrumentals or get a new singer :)